Makes enough for one flank steak
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic
- Add all ingredients to a large ziploc bag, seal the bag and squish/shake a bit to combine. Add the flank steak and marinate overnight. Grill as desired and let rest for 10-15 minutes before cutting. Cut the flank steak thinly on the diagonal across the grain of the meat for the most tender results.
Makes about 8 servings
- 3 lbs red potatoes – cooked with skins and sliced (be sure to let them cool before you slice or they’ll crumble)
- 1 Stick of Butter (only the real deal)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Small Bermuda Onion (Red Onion, sliced into thin rings)
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary, crushed (a little less if you use fresh)
- salt to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion rings, stir to coat. Let the onions cook for 10-12 minutes (be patient, if you cook them too hot the butter will clarify and then it won’t mix with the sugar).
- Add the brown sugar and rosemary and a pinch of salt – continue cooking until the onions are translucent (another 10-15 minutes).
- Add the potato slices, stir gently to coat and let the potatoes heat. Serve immediately.