Cook time: 15 Min Prep time: 10 Min Serves: 3-4
3 large yellow or golden delicious apples
1/8 c brown sugar
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 Tbsp apple butter (heaping)
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
pinch smoked salt
1. Peel, core and slice apples into 1/4 inch slices.
2. Melt butter in a non-stick pan (yes cast iron would work great).
3. Add apples and fry in medium-low heat covered
4. Turn occasionally to brown but be careful not to burn.
5. When apples are desired browness and soft, add cinnamon, brown sugar and apple butter.
6. Stir to bring together and allow apple butter and brown sugar to form a syrup with apples. Add a pinch of smoked salt at the end.
7. Turn heat to low and cover for 5 min. Serve with hot buttered biscuits.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!