- 1 lb Macaroni
- 2 (8 oz) Packages of Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chunk
- 1 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Boil macaroni until tender, drain and set aside.
- Shred your cheese and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix until light brown color (make a roux).
- Add 1 cup milk and whisk until thick.
- Add cheese one handfull at a time.
- Mix until cheese is all melted and smooth.
- Add cooked macaroni to pan and mix until well coated.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer to container that will fit in your refrigerator, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Form cold macaroni and cheese into 1? balls and place on prepared pan.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Beat eggs and add 1/4 cup milk in a bowl to make egg wash.
- Dip balls into egg wash then roll in bread crumbs to coat completely.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 320 or fill skillet 1/2-3/4? deep and heat over medium high to 320.
- Fry for about 3-4 minutes and drain.
Source : allrecipes.Com