Makes one loaf
- 1 loaf crust French bread
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup real mayonnaise
- 4 green onions, white and light green parts minced
- Dash of salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced.
- Mix cheeses with the mayonnaise and the green onions. Add dash of salt to taste and set aside or keep in fridge until you need it.
- Cut loaf of bread in half, then each half into half again.
- Working 1/4 loaf at a time, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet and add 1/4 of the minced garlic. Place 1 of the 1/4 loaves face down in the skillet, swirling it to soak up the butter and garlic. Allow bread to toast in the skillet, removing garlic if it starts to get too brown. Repeat with remaining butter, garlic, and bread.
- Spread cheese mixture on warm loaves and bake in a 425 degree oven until cheese is hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!