Garlic Crusted PRIME RIB!
- 7-10 pound prime rib roast
- 10 cloves garlic , minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- Make sure roast is at room temp before cooking
- Preheat oven to 500F
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until well blended, set aside
- Place the room temp roast in a roasting pan with the fatty side up
- Spread the mixture evenly over the roast
see cooking time note below
[[[[The cooking time will vary depending on the EXACT size roast you get. To calculate the cooking time, multiply the exact weight of the roast by FIVE. Round the resulting number to the nearest whole number. The rib is cooked at 500F for exactly that many minutes.
- For example, for a 6 pound roast: 6×5=30, so cooking time is 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and wait 2 hours before opening the oven door]]]
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!