1 c butter, softened
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 c cocoa, unsweetened
2 c sugar, plus sugar for rolling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In bowl of mixer, cream butter and 2 cups sugar.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Blend until batter is soft and fluffy.
3. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir the dough until it is thick and well formed.
4. Roll a teaspoonful into a small ball and roll in granulated sugar.
5. Place two inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8 minutes.* *For larger balls bake for 10 minutes.
7. Cool for one minute before removing to a rack. If your kitchen is warm, store the dough in the refrigerator between batches.