1 lb lean ground beef (the leaner the better)
1/2 pkg onion soup mix
2 can(s) green beans
1 can(s) Campbell’s tomato soup (don’t use off brand)
2 pkg 4 cheese mashed potatoes mix (sold in individual packets at the store) plus ingredients to prepare potatoes
2 c shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper, to taste
1 can(s) French’s Cheddar French Fried onions
3 Tbsp butter (optional)
sour cream (optional)
chopped bacon (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large skillet brown ground beef. About 1/2 way through cooking the beef add in 1/2 a package of onion soup mix, and let it cook the rest of the way with the beef. Taste this before adding any additional salt, as the onion soup mix can be quite salty on its own!
2. Drain the beef completely and pat it dry to soak up any additional grease left behind.
3. While the beef is cooking, prepare your potatoes per package directions.
4. I usually add in sour cream, butter, and chopped bacon to the potatoes for extra flavor.
5. In a deep oven-safe dish or a 9×13 baking dish spread a layer of potatoes in the bottom.
6. Layer the remaining ingredients as follows: beef mixture, green beans, tomato soup, and French’s cheddar onions if you’re using them.
7. Finally, top with the last part of the mashed potatoes.
8. Place casserole in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until heated through and the potatoes begin to get a golden color.
9. At the last 5 minutes, sprinkle cheese over top of the dish. Cook until melted completely. This is an all-in-one dish and can be served with a light salad on the side.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!