OREO COOKIE CRUST
1 pkg Oreo’s (cheap chocolate cookies work just as well)
1/2 stick melted butter, enough to hold crumbs together
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate
1 tsp vanilla
1 c heavy cream
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
2 c heavy cream
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
shaved chocolate (Hershey bars taste the best)
additional whipped cream
1. Crush cookies (about 1/2 package for an 8-inch crust). Do more if you think it is not enough. Melt 1/2 stick of butter to hold the crust together. Add more butter if needed. For a pie shape you can use a pie tin, I use a spring form pan. Also is lovely with no crust and using champagne glasses or whatever fun shaped large or individual serving bowls/glasses you have.
2. Melt cream, chocolate, and vanilla slowly in a double boiler. You can use a heat-proof bowl over a regular pot on the stove as well. Cool to room temperature.
3. Beat two cups heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla, to stiff peaks.
4. Fold whipped cream into the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour into the prepared crust (can also make this in individual serving bowls). Chill 6 hours until set. I make this a day ahead.
6. Top with additional whipped cream. I like to do a full layer of the whipped cream on the entire top of the pie and then garnish it with shaved chocolate. You can top with whipped cream on each individual piece and Oreo’s as well.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!