3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 box stuffing mix, herb-seasoned (beat with a rolling pin until the consistency of bread crumbs), 6 oz
1 pkg dry Italian salad dressing mix(for marinade)
2 pkg chicken gravy
4 eggs (beaten for dredging)
Olive oil (for frying)
grated Italian cheese blend
1. Rinse and pat dry breasts.
2. Rub with Italian dressing mix. Marinate for at least a few hours.
3. Pound chicken breasts down as you would for chicken parmesan and cut in half. (Trust me… a half breast is a big portion for this recipe!)
4. Dredge in beaten eggs and stuffing crumbs.
5. Fry in olive oil until browned.
6. Prepare gravy according to instruction, but do NOT heat it.
7. Pour about half of the gravy (cold) into the bottom of 9×13 pan.
8. Place breading and browned chicken on top.
9. Pour remaining gravy over the top.
10. Top with about 1/4 cup of shredded Italian cheese on each breast.
11. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Gravy will have thickened and cheese will be melted.
12. No need to remove foil to brown. I served this with a green salad with hardboiled eggs and mixed veggies.