Sweet corn is one of the ultimate comfort food for all of us. here I used the frozen corn which is very helpful for soups and salads. It is much easier to make than u think and a nice recipe to warm up the winter.
- Sweet corn-1/4cup
- chopped carrots-1tbsp
- chopped onion-1tbsp
- chopped celery-1tbsp
- bell pepper-1tbsp
- minced garlic-1/4tsp
- olive oil-1tsp
- magi chicken stock-1/4 piece of a cube
- salt-to taste
- black pepper-1/4tap
- Fresh spring onion to garnish
- Heat the oil in a big pan.
- Add the sweet corn, carrots, minced bell pepper, celery, onions, garlic, chicken stock, salt and pepper.
- Cover and gently cook for 45 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Mix in the Thai seasoning and cook for a couple more minutes. Add the corn, water, and bouillon and bring the soup to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium, cover and let the soup simmer for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes. Puree ⅓ of it in a blender until smooth.
- Return it to the pan.
- (can also use corn flour mixed with water to thicken the soup instead of above blending, also if we want add egg, fresh cream to it to enhance the taste )
- Warm the soup back up. Garnish with sprig onion.