Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 6-8
4 c pretzels – chopped into small pieces
1/3 c brown sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 10″ pie pan or plate
4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 c wisconsin mascarpone cheese, room temperature
1/4 c irish cream liqueur
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 c semi-sweet chocolate chips, reserved for topping
1. Preheat oven to 325F. Chop pretzels in blender or doubled zip lock bag until very small particles then place into pie plate. Add in brown sugar and melted butter and blend together then press crumb mixture evenly into pie plate. Place into oven and bake for 6 minutes, then remove from oven and set aside.
2. While crust is baking, melt the chocolate until smooth and creamy, make sure not to get any water into the chocolate or it will seize up and get lumpy.
3. Blend vanilla and Irish whiskey into mascarpone, mix until incorporated, and then gradually add in melted chocolate and whisk together until smooth. If you can’t do it by hand then use a hand mixer on low speed until mixture is smooth.
4. Spread the mixture into the still warm pie crust. Press lightly into the plate; this allows the mixture to flow into the crust to bind it to the filling.
5. Sprinkle the ½ cup of chocolate chips onto the top of the pie and place into a fridge and allow hardening for at least 1-2 hours. Slice and serve with whipped topping and enjoy.