1. Dye the uncooked eggs and let sit for about an hour while working on the dough.
2. In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, salt, and undissolved yeast.
3. Heat milk and 2 tablespoon butter in a saucepan and over low heat until liquids are warm (120 to 130 degrees).
4. Add to dry ingredients. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Scraping bowl occasionally.
5. Add 2 eggs and 1/2 cup flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes.
6. Stir in enough additional flour to make dough soft.
7. Turn onto a floured board. Knead about 8 to 10 minutes.
8. Place in greased bowl. Turn to grease top. Cover and let rise until doubled. About 1 hour.