These easy keto paleo waffles with almond flour are quick to make, using natural ingredients. They even get crispy! Just 20 minutes including cook time…
Ingredients [ For 2 to 4 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 1 large Egg (separated)
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Erythritol (or any sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp Gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 tbsp Almond butter
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat the waffle iron to high heat. Grease lightly (I usually spray with oil).
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the egg white to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small bowl in the microwave or a small saucepan on the stove, melt together the butter and almond butter.
- Whisk together, then add the butter mixture to the dry flour bowl.
- Add the yolk, almond milk, and vanilla to the batter. Stir until smooth.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Mix enough so that you don’t have pockets of whites separate from the rest of the batter, but be careful not to break down the whites too much.
- The batter should be light and fluffy.
- Transfer half the batter (about 3/4 cup) into the lightly greased waffle iron.
- Close and cook until steam stops coming out about 5 minutes.
- Unplug and let cool slightly in the waffle iron to make the waffle easier to remove. (It will crisp up as it goes from hot to warm.) Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Optional: To make waffles crispier, carefully remove them from the waffle iron, then toast in a toaster, toaster oven, or regular oven for a few minutes.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!