1 box lemon flavored cake mix
1 tsp lemon extract
1 jar(s) lemon curd
2 pkg white bark, for coating
1. Prepare cake mix as directed on the box adding the 1 teaspoon of lemon extract during mixing.Bake in a 9×13 pan as directed. When cake is done and cool enough to handle(but still warm)place into a large mixing bowl and crumble.
2. Add approximately 2-3 Tablespoons of lemon curd. and mix well until the cake is easily formed into balls. I like mine a little “cakey” but you can add more to you liking. reserve and set aside 1 cup of the mixture
3. using a Tablespoon form into balls and place on a cookie sheet covered with parchment or waxed paper. with the handle of a wooden spoon (I use my little finger)make a small well in the middle of each ball.
4. fill each cake ball with a small amount of the lemon curd. (I used a small frosting press that I have.) using the reserved cake mixture that you set aside take a small piece and carefully cover each opening pressing lightly so as not to push any of the lemon curd out.
5. Place in refrigerator or freezer for one hour.
6. Remove from freezer and dip each ball into melted white bark, I use a spoon to dip then transfer the cake ball to the fork and let it drip the excess off. set each ball onto waxed or parchment paper and let sit until; the coating has set. don’t worry if you see a little spot or two that you missed you can re-dip that area with the left over bark after letting them sit.
7. store in a airtight covered container until ready to serve. ENJOY!