This refreshing and easy coffee cake recipe will be the star of your next brunch. The only thing that could make this fruit coffee cake better? A dusting of powdered sugar or dollop of whipped cream!
TIPS AND TRICKS ON HOW TO MAKE THE BEST LEMON RASPBERRY CAKE
- If you don’t have a springform pan you could also use a normal pan and these parchment paper rounds with tabs to help you lift your cake easily out.
- For the best flavor use freshly squeezed lemon juice. You need 2 lemons to get 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- It’s easier to use a stand mixer for this cake because the butter and sugar need to be creamed together for several minutes.
- This cake keeps fresh covered at room temperature for about 3 days.
- This recipe works best with fresh preferably room temperature raspberries! Frozen raspberries might work but your cake will take longer in the oven and might not bake through completely. I have tried this recipe with frozen berries and it worked but many readers had problems with using frozen berries so I recommend using fresh raspberries.
- Make your own cake flour at home: Take one level cup of all-purpose flour, remove two tablespoons, and then add two tablespoons of cornstarch back in. Sift the flour to distribute the cornstarch well before adding it.
- Streusels are by far my favorite crumb topping for coffee cake! Especially German Streusel which has a cookie-like texture and is crunchy on the outside but soft where it touches the cake. It’s like combining a cookie and cake. So tasty AND super easy to make! Make sure to follow the instructions because German Streusel has a different texture than American Streusel, you don’t want it to be sandy!
To Make this Recipe You’Il Need the following ingredients:
PLEASE, USE THE NEXT PAGE BUTTON BELOW FOR THE RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS AND DON’T FORGET TO SHARE THIS POST WITH YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY ON FACEBOOK.