1/2 c margarine, light
1/2 c peanut butter, creamy
1/2 c sugar (plus additional for rolling cookies in before baking)
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
1 1/4 c flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine margarine, peanut butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl sift together dry ingredients and add to wet mixture.
4. Form into small balls, roll in remaining sugar and flatten with a fork… creating a criss-cross design.
5. Bake 10-12 minutes until practically perfect.
6. Note: You can substitute butter for the margarine, but I actually prefer the reduced-fat margarine in this recipe. Also, be careful not to over-bake. These cookies are best when they’re a little under-done.