MEGA Million Dollar Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 pound Macaroni pasta
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups Whole milk OR heavy cream
- 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 cups freshly grated cheddar cheese
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Panko Cheese Topping :
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- In a large pot cook your pasta just until al dente, strain and set aside
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Lightly grease a 9×13 baking dish..
- Melt the 1/2 cup of butter in a large skillet, whisking in the flour over Med Heat, stirring constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce heat and whisk in the milk, mustard, cornstarch, evaporated milk and all seasonings, one at a time, stirring constantly until it reaches a boil, allow to simmer while still whisking occasionally until SLIGHTLY thick
- Remove from heat and whisk in cheddar cheese until melted.
- Add macaroni and lightly toss until evenly coated
- Pour half of the macaroni and cheese into greased baking dish.
- Layering evenly with provolone cheese followed by an even layer of sour cream.
- Pour remaining macaroni over sour cream then sprinkle with 2 cups Parmesan cheese
Panko cheese topping
- Melt butter in olive oil over medium heated skillet.
- Add breadcrumbs and stir in the parmesan cheese
- Cook until crumbs become a golden brown.
- Sprinkle overtop the mac & cheese
- Bake 25 minutes or until bubbly and inside provolone is melted. If not topping with panko, broil until Parmesan is golden.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!