Makes about 18-20 large truffles
- 36 oreo cookies (a 14 ounce regular pkg.)
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup chopped white chocolate, for dipping + 1 Tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup chopped semi sweet or milk chocolate, for dipping + 1 Tablespoon shortening
- assorted sprinkles, for decoration
- Pulse the oreos in a food processor until crushed into small crumbs, then add the cream cheese and process until you get a big balled clump on one side that looks very shiny. Use a medium cookie scoop to portion the mixture into 1 inch balls, then put the truffles on parchment paper and refrigerate for 15 minutes. (It is important to chill them so they don’t start falling apart when you dip them.)
- Place each kind of chocolate plus the shortening in medium microwaveable bowls, and microwave in 20 second intervals until melted. Dip each truffle in melted chocolate of your choice then place back onto the parchment paper. Decorate immediately after dipping with sprinkles, if desired. Chill for several hours before serving. Keep any leftovers refrigerated.