- 2(6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1(28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2(28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 4garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2cup onion, chopped
- 3 1⁄2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1⁄2tablespoons white sugar
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1teaspoon black pepper
- 1tablespoon dried basil
- 1teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2teaspoon dried rosemary leaves
- 1⁄4cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2cup dry red wine
- 2 1⁄2cups water
In a large stockpot on low-med heat add your olive oil and saute your onions for about 4 minutes,then add your crushed garlic,cook for 2 minutes longer.
Then add your water,and tomato products. Be sure to mix everything very well.Add in your spices,and cheese.
cook for 2 1/2 hours covered.Then add in your wine, and cook 30 minutes longer. Sauce will be thin on first day.Also if you use meat it will alter thickness.The second day this turns into a nice thick sauce.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!