1 duncan hines orange supreme cake mix
1 c milk, cold
1/2 c orange juice, fresh
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 box orange jello, small
1 box french vanilla instant pudding
4 large eggs
1 medium coolwhip
1 large can of crushed pineapple, well drained
1 c sour cream
2 pkg frozen coconuts
1 1/2 c sugar
1/2 c chopped pecans, finely chopped
1. Open Pineapple and let it drain completely..Mash it with a spoon in the collander so that no juice is visible.. If you don’t do this, your frosting is going to be runny
2. Prepare three 8 or 9 inch cake pans, by rubbing them with shortening and sprinkling with flour to cover each pan. Preset oven to 350 degrees.
3. In a large mixing bowl, put in the cake mix. Don’t follow the cake recipe on the box, Instead, add the milk,oil,orange juice, pudding, jello, and 4 large eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
4. Divide among the 3 prepared cake pans and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. If you use dark cake pans, bake at 325 degrees.
5. Cool on baking racks until completely cooled.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, add the frozen coconut, the large can of drained pineapple, sugar, cup of sour cream and one cup of coolwhip. Mix well by hand.
7. Spread between layers. Sprinkle the bottom and second layer with the chopped nuts. Next, add another cup or cup and a half of coolwhip to the frosting mixture. Frost the top and sides with the remaining frosting. Keep Refrigerated
8. Enjoy. This is a beautiful and delicious cake. The icing goes on really well.