This recipe uses prepared pound cake and sour cream to create a dessert that has all the comfort and ease of a traditional bread pudding with the richness and taste of a new but elegant dessert.
Cook time: 40 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 6
4 Tbsp butter, divided
1-16 oz pound cake, store bought or homemade
1 c chopped pecans
2 small peaches, peeled, seed removed, diced
1/4 c brown sugar
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/4 c whole milk or half and half
3/4 c sour cream
2 oz peach schnapps or brandy
1/4 c caramel ice cream topping
fresh peach slices for garnish
1. Grease 6-4 inch crocks with 2 tablespoons butter. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut pound cake into 1 inch cubes and place in a large bowl or on a baking sheet. Allow cake to dry out for 1 hour.*
3. In a smaller bowl combine pecans, diced peaches, sugar and cinnamon. Pour this mixture over cake and toss to coat. Spoon mixture into crocks.
4. In a medium bowl whisk milk, eggs, sour cream and peach schnapps.
5. Spoon ¼ cup egg mixture into each crock. Soak for 10 to 15 minutes, gently pressing pound cake into milk mixture.
6. Dot top of each crock with remaining butter. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool slightly and drizzle with caramel sauce and fresh peach slices, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature.
7. *To dry cake out faster, bake at 350 degrees for 5 minutes, turning cake pieces after 2 minutes to dry out all sides.