Peanut Butter Cake
- 8 Tablespoons butter, soft
- ¾ c. sugar
- ¾ c. light brown sugar, loosely packed
- ¾ c. creamy peanut butter
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2½ c. flour
- 2¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c. milk
- ¼ c. water
- 24 oz cream cheese, soft
- 1 c. sugar
- 3 T. flour
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1 T. vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups butter, soft
- 1¼ c. creamy peanut butter
- 9 c. powdered sugar
- ½ cup water or milk (I used milk this time-might need less if using water)
- 10 oz bag of Reese’s peanut butter chips
- 6 oz peanut butter chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Nutter Butter Cookies
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- Grease the bottom and sides of two 9 inch cake pans and line with parchment rounds in the bottom. Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat butter, sugar and peanut butter a few minutes until fluffy.
- Add sour cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one a time to blend well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Combine milk and water in a separate cup.
- Add half the dry ingredients to the mix and blend. Add the liquids. Then add rest of the flour.
- Blend well and pour into the two pans.
- Bake 23-26 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs attached.
- Cool a few minutes and then carefully flip out onto cooling racks. I place a piece of parchment on the rack to prevent sticking.
- Once cool, wrap each cake in foil and freeze until firm before assembling.
- Line a 9 inch cake pan with nonstick foil and let it hang over the sides for easier removal later.
- Beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add sugar and flour.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Pour batter in pan.
- I then bake it in my cheesecake moat. If you don’t have one, you can bake it in a larger roasting pan and fill with an inch of hot water.
- Bake 1 hour, then shut the oven temp off and leave the cheesecake inside with the door closed for 30 minutes. Then crack the door open and let the cheesecake stay in the oven 30 more minutes.
- Place in fridge to chill until firm.
- Once firm, carefully remove the cake from the pan and peel off the foil. Wrap in new foil and place in freezer until frozen before assembling.
- Beat butter and peanut butter until creamy.
- Add half the sugar and blend well.
- Add ¼ cup of your milk or water until smooth.
- Add rest of the sugar.
- Slowly add more of your liquid until you have a nice spreading consistency.
- You may need more liquid or you may not use it all so add slowly.
- Heat cream in the microwave to a boil.
- Remove and pour chips in.
- Cover 2 minutes and whisk smooth.
- Let it sit a few minutes to thicken up a bit.
- Lay one frozen peanut butter cake on your plate.
- Top with 1 cup frosting and then top with the cheesecake.
- Top the cheesecake with 1 cup frosting and place the second peanut butter cake on top.
- Frost the cake with a thin crumb coat and pop in fridge 10 minutes.
- Frost the cake generously and press some peanut butter chips along the bottom. Reserve some frosting for the piping decorations later. Chill the cake 10 minutes.
- Drizzle the ganache around the top edges and chill 10 minutes.
- Pipe some decorations around the edges and add in some nutter butters. Pour peanut butter chips in the center.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!