16oz. box elbow macaroni or sea shells
1 lb ground beef
2 jar(s) (16-oz.size) pizza sauce or make a large pot of homemade pizza sauce
4 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
2 clove garlic chopped
1 medium bell pepper diced
1 medium onion diced
1 pkg mushroom pieces
1 can(s) 4.25 sliced black olives
1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
1 pkg pepperioni sliced
12 oz package of shredded mozzarella cheese
1 c water
1 Tbsp oregano, dried
1 can(s) 10 oz. rotel diced tomatoes and chilies this is optional add only if you like spicy
1. Prepare the pasta as directed remembering to salt the water while boiling macaroni. Drain and set aside in a large mixing bowl
2. In a large deep skillet brown the ground beef drain and set aside.
3. In the same skillet over medium heat put in the olive oil and lightly saute the garlic, onion, and bell pepper until a little tender.
4. Add the sauce, ground beef, Italian seasoning, and the water. Stir together and let simmer about 5 min.
5. Pour over macaroni add the mushrooms and black olives. Stir all ingredients together pour in a 9×13 deep dish pan.
6. Cover the top of casserole with the shredded cheese then layer the pepperoni across the top.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling. Pepperoni and cheese should look like a pizza when ready.
8. NOTE: I HAVE FOUND WHEN GIVING DIRECTIONS AND INGREDIENTS TO A RECIPE, IT IS HARD TO MAKE LIKE MINE SINCE I DO EXPERIMENT AS I COOK. IMPORTANT NOTE FOR THIS RECIPE: MAKE SURE WHEN YOU HAVE MIXED ALL YOUR INGREIDENTS LISTED IN THE LIST ABOVE THAT YOU HAVE ENOUGH OF THE SAUCE FOR YOUR TYPE OF PASTA AND IF IT IS DRY OR NOT. YOU SHOULD HAVE A LITTLE SWIMMING IN THE DISH OF PASTA WHEN YOU PUT IT TOGETHER. YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE EXTRA TO ADD TO YOUR PASTA MIXTURE. DIFFERENT TYPES OF PASTA GRAB YOUR SAUCE MORE THAN OTHERS SO YOU REALLY NEED TO BE PREPARED FOR THIS TO HAPPEN.