Perfect Chocolate Cake With Butter Cream Icing
I had a request for a chocolate cake recipe, so here’s my favourite one! It’s not only delicious, but turns out nice and moist when done!
* 2 Cups sugar
* 1 3/4 Cups flour
* 3/4 Cup cocoa
* 1 1/2 Tsp baking powder
* 1 1/2 Tsp baking soda
* 1 Tsp of salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 Cup milk
* 1/2 Cup oil
* 2 Tsp vanilla
* 1 Cup boiling water
Butter Cream Icing:
* 2 Lbs powdered sugar (aka confectioners/powdered sugar)
* 1/2 Cup butter
* 1 1/2 Cups vegetable shortening
* 2 Tsp vanilla extract
* 1/3 Cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Grease and flour two 9” round cake pans.
3. Combine sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and stir.
4. Add in eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Pour in boiling water (batter will be thin).
6. Pour into cake pans.
7. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
1. Cream butter, shortening and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add powdered sugar and water gradually.
3. Mix thoroughly on low speed (do not over mix!)
4. Spread on cake.