2 pre-made pizza dough from the bakery
2 lb rare deli roast beef
1 c mozzarella cheese shredded
1 c diced onions
1 c diced green peppers
24 slice provolone cheese
1 can(s) sliced mushrooms
4 dash(es) olive oil, extra virgin/to drizzle over top of ingredients
mayonnaise or condiment of your choice
1. Roll out pre-made pizza dough from your local bakery to make a slightly thin square that would cover a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In the center of the dough, place one layer of shredded mozzarella cheese (approx. 1/2 cup), and then a layer of deli sliced rare roast beef(approx. 1 lb), a layer of onions, mushrooms and green peppers, and then a layer of sliced provolone cheese (approx. 12-15 slices).
3. Add salt and pepper and a light drizzle of Olive Oil. Make sure to spray the cookie sheet with cooking spray before cooking.
4. Once all the ingredients are there, pull the top edge up and over all the ingredients, and then do the same for the bottom edge, overlapping the flaps, and then tuck in the ends on each side so all the cheese doesn’t ooze out while baking. Make sure to follow these steps for the second calzone as well. Roll the Calzone over so that the overlapped side is on the bottom while cooking. Over the top of the dough, slice three small holes to allow heat to evacuate through.
5. Brush the top of the dough with a light sheen of butter and put both Calzones in the oven for approx. 30-35 min. Or until the dough is a golden color.
6. Each Calzone should be large enough to cut into three. Two Calzones should feed a family of six. Serve with a side of Mayo, or your favorite condiment!
7. Please remember that all of the ingredients are to be split in half to make TWO Calzones.