Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 20 Min
3 c cake flour
1 c sugar
3/4 c dark brown sugar/packed
3 c pumpkin, fresh puree
2 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
1/2 c oil of your choice
3 large eggs (room temperature)
1/4 c water
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt, kosher
2 tsp cinnamon*
2 tsp nutmeg (fresh ground)*
1/4 tsp cloves, ground*
*Cooks Note: If you choose to use pumpkin spice instead of the cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, use 2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
THE CHEESECAKE FILLING
8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
2 large eggs (room temp)
4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 Tbsp powdered sugar (more or less according to your taste)
1 tsp vanilla
THE ICING ON THE CAKE
4 oz cream cheese (room temp)
1/4 c buttermilk (room temp)
3/4 c powdered sugar (to taste)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 c pecans finely, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Have all your ingredients out and at room temperature.
2. In medium mixing bowl, sift all your dry ingredients (flour, baking soda &a spices) together. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine fresh pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, eggs, oil & water and whisk until well combined.
4. Take your dry ingredients and gradually combine with pumpkin mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Do not over stir, but just enough until you have no lumps.
6. Ingredients for the filling should be at room temperature. In small mixing bowl, add all ingredients for filling into bowl and mix well until light and fluffy.
7. Pour half your batter into a bundt pan.
8. Add your filling on top of the batter.
9. Then pour remaining batter over the filling. Put in oven and bake for approximately 1 hour or until toothpick comes out clean.
10. While cake is baking, prepare frosting and chop pecans.
11. You want frosting thin enough so it will drizzle easily on the cake when cooled.
12. Once icing drizzled on cake add chopped pecans.