2 slice marbled rye, dark rye bread, any rye bread, pumpernickel (your choice)
5 – 7 slice corned beef (sliced thin)
4 – 5 Tbsp sauerkraut (drained, squeezed very well)
2 slice Swiss cheese (sliced thin)
1 Tbsp Thousand Island dressing
1. Butter one side of each slice of bread.
2. Place one slice, buttered side down, in a skillet. Put corned beef on bread.
3. Add the sauerkraut on top of the corned beef.
4. Put the cheese slices on the sauerkraut.
5. Then add the Thousand Island dressing on top of the cheese.
6. Put the second slice of buttered bread on top buttered side up.
7. Cook over medium-high heat on both sides, like you would do to make a grilled cheese sandwich.
8. Cut on an angle. Serve with french fries or potato chips and a big old dill pickle! Yum!