3 medium bananas, sliced
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp light brown sugar
2 c all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 c light brown sugar
1/2 c (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces
2 large eggs
1 c ricotta cheese
1 egg, beaten
1/4 c peanut butter
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
chopped peanuts, if desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bananas in medium baking dish. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons melted butter and sprinkIncle with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until bubbly and caramelized. Let cool.
2. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees. Spray 2 large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, and 1/3 cup light brown sugar. Cut in butter, using fingertips or pastry cutter, until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. In a medium bowl, beat together 2 eggs, the ricotta cheese, and the roasted bananas with a handmixer until mixed. Mixture will be lumpy.
4. Add banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir by hand until just combined
5. Drop dough into 12 equal mounds on baking sheets, spacing about 2 inches apart. Brush tops with the beaten egg. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
6. About 5 minutes before scones come out of the oven, make the glaze. Place the peanut butter and 2 tablespoons butter in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring often until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
7. When scones come out of oven, place them on a wire rack over a baking sheet. Drizzle with the glaze. Sprinkle the tops with chopped peanuts if desired. 12 scones.