- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- For rolling:
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer on high speed for 2 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Wrap in cling wrap and chill the dough for 60 minutes in the refrigerator. Don’t skip this step!After the dough has chilled, preheat the oven to 300-f degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar with the cinnamon for the topping.
- Using a 1.5 Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop into heaping dough balls. Alternatively, take about 2 1/2 tablespoons of the dough and roll it into a ball. Roll this dough in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place 2 inches apart on a parchment lines baking sheet. Don’t flatten the cookies.
- Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes and no more. Let the baked cookies sit on the hot baking sheet for 2-3 after removing from the oven, then transfer off. When the cookies have cooled they should be soft and chewy in the middle and crisp on the outside. Store in a covered container on the countertop or freeze.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!