1 c butter, room temperature
3/4 c brown sugar, firmly packed
2 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 tsp baking soda
3.9 oz dry chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees; Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy with an electric mixer.
3. Add eggs and vanilla; continue beating until mixed thoroughly.
4. Add baking soda and pudding mix; continue beating until combined.
5. Slowly add flour, beating slowly with mixer (mixture will be thick) and set aside while making filling.
6. In a small bowl combine peanut butter and powdered sugar; mix with wooden spoon until thoroughly mixed.
7. Lightly flour your hands and make a ball the size of a walnut from the chocolate mixture; pat into a circle in the palm of your hand; Make a small dime-size ball from the peanut butter filling and put in the middle of the chocolate cookie; roll into ball, keeping peanut butter filling in the middle.
8. Place 3” apart-you may only get 6 larger cookies on the cookie sheet; Bake 8-10 minutes-do not overbake, but make sure your finger indentation in the center remains.
9. Remove from oven and let set 2 minutes until removing to cooling rack; Let cool 5-10 additional minutes. Makes about 36 large cookies.