Cook time: 4 Hr 30 Min Prep time: 5 Min
1 1/2 c heavy cream
2 tsp vanilla extract, pure
1 tsp coarse sea salt
2 stick cinnamon
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 stick unsalted butter, divided
1 c light corn syrup
2 c granulated sugar
1 c pecans, halved
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, coarsely crumbled
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Prepare an 8.5×8.5 glass baking dish with foil sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Crumble a sleeve of Ritz Hint of Salt crackers, coarsely, into the bottom of the foil. Set aside.
2. Over medium-high heat, bring to boil cream, 4 Tbsp butter, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Remove from heat once butter is melted, cover and set aside.
3. In medium saucepan combine sugar and corn syrup until well mixed. Over medium-high heat, cook sugar mixture, without stirring, until melted.
4. Once sugar has melted insert candy thermometer and stir very occasionally, until sugar reaches 330 degrees. Remove from heat. Remove lid from cream mixture and remove cinnamon sticks. Add all of the cream to sugar mixture and mix thoroughly.
5. Once cream is fully incorporated into sugar return to medium-high heat and cook until it reaches 250 degrees. Remove from heat and stir in remaining 4 Tbsp butter and pecans. Pour into prepared pan and let it set up for 3-4 hours.
6. Once the caramel has completely set, remove from pan and invert to remove the foil.
7. Melt chocolate chips in microwave or double broiler. Drizzle melted chocolate over caramel. Allow chocolate to set up.
8. Cut into bite size (or bigger) pieces and ENJOY!