1 c pancake mix
1/3 c milk
1 large egg
1/3 c strawberry preserves
1/2 c dried strawberries
1/4 c white chocolate chips
1/2 tsp cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE DIPPING SAUCE
4 oz cream cheese
2 1/2 Tbsp butter (room temp)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c powdered sugar
1 pt vanilla ice cream
1 can(s) whipped cream
1 pkg frozen strawberries in syrup (thawed)
1. Beat cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until well-mixed, light and fluffy.
2. Beat in powered sugar until the right consistency and sweetness that you like. If frosting is too thick for you, you can add a tablespoon of milk in at a time until it reaches the consistency you want.
3. Preheat oil in deep fryer to 325 degrees.
4. Combine pancake mix, cinnamon, milk and egg in a medium bowl with an electric mixer on high speed.
5. Mix the jam and strawberries together with the white chocolate chips.
6. Add to the batter and mix just until blended in. Set the batter aside for a few minutes.
7. When your oil is hot drop by cookie scoop or a large tablespoon into the oil. If you dip your scooper in the oil first your batter won’t stick to it. Cook for 2 ½ to 3 minutes or until the batter is dark brown. You can fry around six balls of batter at a time, but first test the cooking time using one ball so that you can make sure the dough is cooking all the way through.
8. Remove fried batter balls to paper towels to drain. Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
9. Serve with cream cheese dipping sauce.
10. Or make a sundae out of them by adding a big scoop of vanilla ice cream to a bowl. Surround with three or four of the puppies. Drizzle with the cream cheese frosting. Add the thawed strawberries on top and lastly garnish with whipped topping. Enjoy!