2 pkg cornbread mix, into batter as directed
12 slice american cheese
1 lb lean hamburger meat
1/2 medium onion, chopped
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped
2 fresh jalapenos, sliced (optional)
1. Heat oven to 425. Spray 13X9 pan with oil.
2. Brown meat with onion and bell pepper in skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste. Drain and set aside.
3. Pour half of cornbread batter in pan. Place 6 slices of cheese over batter.
4. Spread meat over cheese evenly. Add jalapeno slices if desired.
5. Top with remaining slices of cheese . Pour the rest of the batter on top.
6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until brown on top. Let cool for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!