Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 10
1 16 ounce package wide egg noodles (note: if you want to keep this kosher, use the kosher noodles they put out in the store surrounding the jewish holidays)
4 box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 c unsalted butter, melted
1 16 ounce container sour cream (i use the light version)
2 envelopes dry onion soup mix (lipton or the store brand)
1 dash(es) black pepper
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 dash(es) garlic powder (not garlic salt… there’s enough salt flavor from the soup mix)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Cook and drain the egg noodles according to package directions. Thaw and drain the spinach well – take the time to really drain out as much water as possible.
3. Beat the eggs then add in the melted butter (allow to cool a bit), sour cream, onion soup mix, pepper, garlic powder and vanilla extract. Beat well.
4. Fold in the spinach and mix well with a spoon.
5. Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for an hour (or until done depending on the finickiness of your oven. It should be golden brown. Watch it toward the end, and if it starts to brown too quickly, cover with foil.