This is an easy, flavorful meal to throw together on the weeknights. You can make it as spicy, or not, as you’d like.
1 lb ground beef
3/4 c chopped onion
1 tsp minced garlic
2 Tbsp taco seasoning
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 c water
1 can(s) (15 oz) tomato sauce
1 lb egg noodles, cooked and drained
16 oz cottage cheese (2 cups)
1/2 c sour cream
1 Tbsp flour
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
1/4 c chopped green onion
1/4 c chopped green pepper
2 c shredded cheddar jack cheese
1. Cook noodles according to package directions.
2. Brown ground beef and onion in a skillet with garlic, taco seasoning, and cayenne pepper. Drain.
3. Add water and tomato sauce.
4. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together cottage cheese, sour cream, flour, and bouillon granules. Mix well.
6. Add cooked noodles, green onion, and green pepper.
7. Spoon noodle mixture into a greased 9×13 pan.
8. Top with meat mixture.
9. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and top with cheese.
11. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
12. Let sit a few minutes before serving.