Cook time: 1 Hr Prep time: 15 Min Serves: 6
3 large onions, sliced
1 red or green pepper, minced
3 Tbsp cooking oil
1 lb ground chuck
1 large can tomatoes, squashed or diced tomatoes
3/4 c uncooked rice (can use 2 cups uncooked noodles)
chili powder (to taste) – no more than 1 tsp.
2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1. Saute onions, green or red pepper in cooking oil until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Add ground chuck to pan and brown. Important: Drain pan of all fat. (You can see in my last picture where I needed to drain more in this step.)
3. Add rice (or noodles), chili powder, salt and pepper, and set aside onions and pepper to pan with ground chuck.
4. Stir mixture well.
5. Pour mixture into greased baking dish.
6. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
7. Remove cover and bake additional 15 minutes.