1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
1/8 tsp salt
3 Tbsp dark corn syrup
1 c evaporated milk
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 c pecan halves
1. In a 2 quart sauce pan, put the sugars, salt, corn syrup, milk, and butter in. Over medium heat, stir mixture constantly with a wooden spoon until sugars have dissolved and mixture comes to a boil.
2. Continue to cook to a soft ball stage, approximately 236 degrees F on a candy thermometer.
3. Remove from heat and allow it to cool for 8 minutes.
4. Add the vanilla and nuts, and beat with a spoon by hand for approximately 2 minutes or until candy is slightly thick and begins to lose its gloss.
5. Quickly drop heaping tablespoons onto parchment paper. If the candy becomes stiff, add a few drops of hot water.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!