Makes 2-4 servings
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces) freshly shredded cheddar cheddar (It is important that it is freshly shredded)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, garlic, black pepper and Italian parsley. Chill until ready to use.
- Slice the tomatoes and let drain for 10 minutes on paper towels. (I would recommend placing a paper towel both on top and underneath)
- After the slices have drained, spread the mayonnaise mixture over each tomato slice. Top generously with shredded cheddar cheese. Arrange on a serving plate and serve.