Cook time: 10 Min Prep time: 20 Min Serves: 6-8
2 Tbsp peanut oil
2 Tbsp butter
1 c cooked turkey, large dice cut (leftover)
1/2 c cooked peas (leftover)
1/2 c onion, raw, large dice cut
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 c fresh mushrooms, sliced, cut in half
3 eggs, scramble with a fork
3 green onions, chopped
4 c jasmine rice, cooked, cold or cooled
soy sauce, low-sodium
sea salt & pepper
1. Leftover cold rice is always best. But if none, make 4 cups (prepared) of jasmine rice according to package directions.
2. In a very large skillet or Wok, add peanut oil, butter, and garlic.
3. Add mushrooms first (since they will absorb the flavors as they cook). Cook for 2 min.
4. Add onions. Salt & pepper mixture.
5. Separate mixture to one side of the pan. On the other side add eggs and cook them like scramble eggs.
6. Once eggs are cooked combine them with rest of mixture in pan.
7. Add turkey and season with garlic & onion powder. Then add peas. Stir mixture.
8. Add cooked rice to pan.
9. Give a few good shakes of soy sauce on rice.
10. Combine rice with rest of ingredients in pan. Taste and season as needed.
11. Add green onions and stir once or twice and serve.
12. Variations: You can add or replace these suggestions. Swap out peas for carrots. Swap out mushrooms for bean sprouts. The trick is to not overload on the items and keep it simple.
Last Step: Don’t forget to share!