This has been my favorite basic white roll recipe for almost two decades. The evaporated milk and potato flakes give them a little something extra and people are always asking for the recipe. If you are looking for a fantastic recipe for white rolls, this is it!
Yummy White Rolls
- 2 Tbsp instant yeast (I use SAF brand)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup potato flakes
- 1 12oz can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 5-6 cups of flour (approximately)
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in a large mixing bowl. Add potato flakes, milk, oil, salt, eggs, and 2 cups of the flour. Beat till smooth. Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Let rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Punch dough down, then form dough into balls and place on a large cookie sheet with sides. Let rise till doubled, about 45-60 minutes. Bake at 350° for about 25-30 minutes or till light golden brown. Brush tops with butter while still hot.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHARE ON FACEBOOK AND PIN IT!